Friday, November 2, 2007

#22 Audiobooks

Ummm, okay, have I missed something? There are not many titles here, and I am not really interested in what they have. I also tried to search for ebooks through the World eBook fair site, and I don't like the search function - it searches through the whole text, not by title or author. Of course, you can go into their collections one by one and look there... maybe if I was a librarian I would be able to search this site more effectively.

On the other hand, the subscription services mentioned (Netlibrary and Overdrive) would be very useful for our library to have. We have several patrons who are avid book lovers, but whose eyesight limits them to talking books. Our collection simply isn't big enough. Giving them access to books on the web would greatly improve our service to them.

No comments: