Friday, November 2, 2007

#21 Podcasts, smodcasts

I have added a podcast from podcast.net called The Book Show, broadcast by the ABC. I found this by doing a search for the word 'Australia'. I found searching for 'library' brought up too many US library sites, though I know that there is a lot to be gained by looking at other libraries innovations, this program included.

I also added some podcasts of personal interest to me, including celtic folk music, and learning Greek. I was going to delete my Bloglines account after this program had finished, but now I can't!!

I found podcast.net to be the best of the three sites listed (though I did have to install itunes to make it work). When you do a search a lot of info about that podcast comes up in the first screen, rather than having to go and investigate each and every result of your search. Yahoo was the worst for this.

Like YouTube, podcasts would be a great learning tool for use in the library - now if only we can convince patrons to use headphones!

No comments: